Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Being a Writer and Writing Territories

2.

There are several different kinds of writing I like to read. First and for most I love reading mystery and adventure novels. They are never boring and always entertaining to read because they don't go into too much detail but they always keep the action coming. Mysteries also allow me to think and try and guess the plot. I also enjoy reading plays especially by Shakespeare such as the Twelfth Night and Much Ado About Nothing. They are rather hard to read but are very entertaining. Writing I like to write is definitely texting my friends as well as making picture collages with descriptions on them. When I was little I also used to write short stories that ended in endless papers of new ideas and no resolution to the plot. I actually don't write that often out of school work other than texting on my phone because I just don't have leisure time. Though I feel like if I had time I would enjoy it very much. Topics that intrigue me the most are probably murder mysteries or any events that take place in a historical context.



3.
Chestnut. Though this word to many people just sounds like a delicious food, to me the word means much much more. I must start from the beginning of my obsession which started when I was little. My first word ever spoken was "dog". When I began to write the first sentence I wrote was "I love dog." My drawings always depicted a little girl with a dog. So naturally many would believe that I then got a dog, but things were much more complicated than that. The fact of the matter is that my mother was deathly afraid of dogs. Ever since a tramatizing experience she had when she was little she had never been able to even touch a dog. I asked constantly when I would be able to get a doggy and finally after much persisting my mother finally said, "Okay Sylvie, you can get a dog when you turn eleven." Never did she think that I, a wild five year old child, would actually remember that promise. But the morning of my eleventh birthday I ran into my parents bedroom and demanded that they show me my well earned puppy. My mother never backing down on her word had to then buy me my dog. We went to the human society the next week and there I saw my future dog. His name was "Timber" though it did not fit him well and he was a brown adorable fully-grown mutt. He had been at the pound for so long that they were going to put him down that Saturday. So being his guardian angels, We bought our dog that thursday and renamed him Chestnut after the color of his soft fur.

2 comments:

olivia said...

chesnut is a cute name for a dog! I think that too many details are distracting!

Anonymous said...

I also think mystery books are interesting to read because they are so suspensful!